12 April 2007

Our Man in Damascus - Interview with American Expat

This morning I stumbled upon this thoughtful interview with Damascus-based American photographer Daniel Demeter. Aside from the failure to draw a clear distinction between tourists (those passing through for 7 days-2 weeks) and the many foreigners who stay in Syria for extended periods (to work, to study, to hang out), I think it is well worth your attention because it covers a lot of ground. He gives voice to the mixture of love and respect for Syria mixed with criticism of certain political and social practices which pretty much the whole foreign community here has... Plus his photos are great!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Dave for linking to my interview. I also failed in taking the most of him, but i am learning ;-)

Maysaloon said...

Great blog! I'm so happy you are enjoying your stay in Syria and I look forward to reading more of your articles.

Regards,
Wassim